Day in day out, we bring deep product, sales and customer knowledge to sourcing, negotiating and managing everything from leading brands to our own-label ranges. Through our hard work and smart thinking, customers get what they want at great prices.
But food’s just part of the story. Ten years ago, who’d have thought we’d launch our own tablet computer? Or sell 400,000 of them in our first quarter. Well, we did. The Hudl is just one example of how we’re revolutionising the shopping experience and energising customers.
From the Hudl to Tesco Marketplace, we innovate and work creatively on our brand and vision. This means an exciting future for our customers, and for our graduates, across our shops and digital platforms in the UK and Central Europe.
Step into any Tesco store, or click on Tesco.com, and you'll see how far-reaching we've become. We offer a massive range of world-famous brands, in diverse areas, from Electrical and Entertainment to Home and Hardware. Just think of the career potential.
Our Commercial Apprenticeship programme runs in two business areas; Food and General Merchandise. You could find yourself working in any of these teams, that ensure our customers have the best available range at the best price.
If you join our Food team, you could be a Buyer, sourcing and buying great quality products for our customers at the best price; or a Customer expert, using insight to drive our overall strategy for Food.
Alternatively, if you join the General Merchandise function, you may be placed in a buying or merchandising role. If you are buying you might be supporting our teams to source products for our customers in the UK and Central Europe. In merchandising your focus will be streamlining supply chain and can accurately allocating stock to where it is needed.
All the while, you will also be studying towards a Level 4 Apprenticeship to support your development in the first few of years at Tesco.
The programme will be based in Hertfordshire.
• You will join a three year development programme with Tesco, helping you to understand how to be a great operator within our Commercial business.
• You will study over two years for your Level 4 Diploma, blending the very best from our own in-house technical & leadership development programmes, with materials & expertise from Learndirect.
• Competence qualification: NVQ Diploma in Business & Professional Administration
• Knowledge qualification: Level 4 Diploma in Business & Professional Administration
• As well as the diploma, you'll participate in technical, personal development and management activities to develop the skills and knowledge which are both valued by us and will allow you to do great things in your role
• You'll be supported throughout the programme by an Expert Coach and Programme Partner, who will help you to develop your skills and put them in to practice in the workplace
• You'll participate in two Team Challenges where you'll have the opportunity to learn and work with other Apprentices and make a big difference to Tesco. Exciting!